Last weekend I finished the repousse including the forming of basic shape of the suckers. I then went to the garage and removed the silver (8" x 3.5" x 18 g ) and when I got it out I noticed to tiny little whitish dot in the pitch.
"What the frack is that??"
Oh, just some completely cracked suckers (the inverted domes) - that's what.
Then when I looked closer at the silver, not only had two completely separated but 5 others were cracked...
I wanted to cry and I though it had been going so well.
I then panicked. How was I going to fix this??
After a long talk with my husband I put out a call for help and several suggestions were made. Liza Nechamkin Glaser finally sent me an long email explaining how to fix it and even included some sketches of how to do it.
Now I am preparing some practice suckers - that I will intentionally crack and then repair so not only do I know what to do, but actually have done it several time. This will allow me to get my fears out of the way and when it comes to doing the real repairs, I will do an amazing job!
It will take me a few more weekend to get to that point. Once it is all done, I will write a long post on how it was done.
And so, in the interim, worked on the design for my advanced beginner students. That class will be held in late July and August.
PLUS I finished a pair of earrings. The main drop is fused and reticulated silver which I dapped and added a micro tube to hold the ear wire, so they can swing back and forth.