We are now in the midst of unpacking and along with that I am taking either Saturday or Sunday to run the experiments. I can't tell you what I am doing right now, since that will be in the paper for the Symposium and I hope to have an article, too, that will be published in a Jewelry magazine, for the small studio artist that wants to put the Red Copper (I) Oxide on their copper work.
At the beginning of September, I anneal all my copper disks, so I can stamp experiment codes on them. Then of course they all went into the pickle to be cleaned.
During the annealing, YES!, I was able to produce the red oxide even though I was not trying to. So take that as a hint for the article.
Two weeks ago I started the experiments. I was able to get 1 experiment of 3 sets done since each set takes over 2 hours and I am working with multiple piece of copper in each set. Last weekend, I only did 2 experiments of 3 sets each due to a late start and unpacking the kitchen, which is done! Today, I have done 3 experiments with 3 and 4 sets; with the last set happening as I type.
Here are some pictures... of the annealing and of todays experiments. As you can see, Experiment #5 is on the verge of orange/gold and Experiment #6 is showing some red.