We got started right away. We walked through the design in Illustrator, the export to Photoshop, import to PS and the inverting of the drawing, printing on the paper, cleaning the silver and applying the mask to silver. Oh, trust me I had every thing laid out - silver, iron, hot plate, etching bath, rectifier, gloves, paint pens, tape - all in the kitchen by the sink.
The first and the SECOND application of the mask did not work but we got it on the third time and then it was the fixing of the mask, applying the electrodes and applying the power.
IT's ALIVE!, IT's ALIVE!!!
Every 10 minutes we checked the progress and after 40 minutes, out of the etching bath it came. We rinsed and then found that some of the masking had not taken and had come off during the every 10 minute check when we brushed off the surface with a soft brush. But we moved on to remove the electrode and tape that masked the back. After cleaning it was then into the garage to do a preliminary polish; trim with shear and sanding sticks; and back to the garage to finish the polishing with the soon to be cuff having many baths in the ultrasonic cleaner in-between the various compounds. After all the etching, trimming, and polishing Lisa applied some solvent dye to color the bars and notes and then we shaped it for her wrist.
THEN we popped a bottle of champagne, celebrated and went out for dinner. Here are LOTS of pictures but not all of them as we took over 143!